Shitty Restaurant Nowhere Near Protesters Blaming Protesters For Having To Lay Off Employees From Serving Their Shitty Food
NYP- They want to change the economy, and now they have — by putting people out of work! Heartbroken Shamil Cepeda was one of 21 employees of a once-thriving cafe and catering business who just got fired because the weeks-long Occupy Wall Street protest chased away too many customers. “I support their freedom of speech but the whole thing is hypocritical if it makes people lose their jobs,” a tearful Cepeda, 23, told The Post yesterday. “Isn’t that the whole point of the protest?” fumed Cepeda, 23, who had worked at the Milk Street Cafe at 40 Wall St. since it opened in June. She said she supported the protesters at first — but now, she’s furious at them. “I felt really, really angry,” Cepeda said of learning she was a casualty of the supposedly pro-worker movement. “I really enjoyed the job. I liked the people and my co-workers. Everybody was so enthusiastic to make the company go.” Cepeda also had some common-sense advice for the mash-up of protesters and squatters who have occupied Zuccotti Park since Sept. 17. “If they would just go get a real job, helping real people, that would help a lot more than just taking up space and shouting at people and putting others they claim to care for out of work,” she declared. Her former boss, Milk Street Cafe owner Marc Epstein, said he had no choice but to slash staff after Occupy Wall Street caused his business to plummet 30 percent — and warned he may have to shut down soon. “We laid off people Friday. We had a staff of about 100,” fumed Epstein. “It’s sad, it’s just so sad.” He said the ragtag protesters and metal police barricades in front of his once-booming business forced not only Friday’s employee bloodbath but a drastic cut in the eatery’s hours of operation. “We had to cut back from [closing at] 9 in the evening to just 3:30 in the afternoon,” he said. The protests, he said, have turned parts of once-bustling Wall Street into a ghost town. “Wall Street, which is a beautiful pedestrian mall, has for the last six weeks become totally desolate. People aren’t walking here anymore,” he said. “The food industry does not have anybody in the 1 percent, workers or owners,” said Epstein, who has no love for the protesters. But he also pointed a finger at the NYPD and City Hall, which he said had ignored his pleas for help. “I’m saying to all of them, understand the consequences of your actions. As a result of you guys making these decisions, a small business that just invested in your city is threatened, as well as all of the jobs here,” he said.
You will never read a pro-wook blog on Occupy Wook Street that supports the clowns down at Zucotti Park or elsewhere. It’s just not our thing. But the essence of what we stand for is calling out bullshit and Marc Epstein, the owner of Milk Street Cafe, is a piece of shit liar and should be murdered at the hands of the protesters. Here’s why:
1) Milk Street Cafe opened earlier this year. It’s basically a giant kosher food court located on Wall Street next to the Stock Exchange. It’s a 6 minute walk, .25 miles away from Zucotti Park as evidenced by the map. The wooks are in no way, shape or form blocking or hindering traffic to his rat’s nest buffet-style shithole of a restaurant as it’s completely accessible from about 4 different locations. He’s flat out lying.
2) I ate there once when it opened and the food is fucking terrible. I’m talking Vesuvius-like diarreah. Maybe that’s why people stopped going?
3) It’s expensive. There are umpteen other places like it all over the place that are cheaper. Maybe this whole ‘global recession’ thing means people are packing lunches instead of paying for overpriced shitty food?
4) It’s kosher, but there’s no such thing as ‘jew bankers’ on Wall Street anymore. The majority are trust fund kids with coke problems, so I’d venture to say those types of folk like cheese on their fucking sandwhich.
5) The closing bell rings at 4pm and Wall Street is a virtual ghost town at 6pm. Yet Milkstreet Cafe tried to stay open until 9pm. Newsflash, dummy, everyone has gone home already. Don’t blame the wooks on having to lay off people and close early because you’re too fucking dumb to have more reasonable hours of operation.
All in all, it’s obvious this dickhead is just looking for a handout from the city because he opened a shitty restaurant in the middle of a global recession that nobody likes, so he blames it on the wooks. Marc Epstein, like the wooks, is just another piece of shit looking for a handout.